Research Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Extraosseous Osteoblastoma of Larynx presenting with acute airway obstruction. N Mirbagheri, S. Galloway, T. Iseli & B.Lyons. J Laryngol Otol. 2008 Nov;122(11):1265-8
- Hand ischemia post radial artery cannulation – a cautionary reminder of an uncommon complication of a common procedure. N Mirbagheri & C Hoy. ANZ J Surg. 2008 Aug;78(8):719-20
- How do Nonagenarians fare with abdominal surgery? N Mirbagheri, J Dark & D Watters. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 2010 Jan;58(1):104-108
- Factors Predicting Stomal Wound Closure Infection Rates. N Mirbagheri, J Dark & S Skinner. Tech Coloproctol. 2013 Apr;17(2):215-20
- Sentinel Node Micrometastases in Breast Cancer: A Survey of ANZ Breast Surgeons. C.Chong, N Mirbagheri, M. Harris & J Fox. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2013, 82(11): 766-767
- Left Paraduodenal Hernia Causing Small Bowl Obstruction. B. Poh, S Sundaramuthry & N Mirbagheri. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, 2014 Jul;18(7):1377-8
- Resurveying micrometastases in breast cancer – Have we now turned the corner? C Chong, N Mirbagheri, M Harris & J Fox. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2014 Jun;84(6):401-2
- Lymph node response as a prognostic indicator in irradiated rectal cancer. N Mirbagheri, S Deb, B Kumar, B Poh, J Dark, C Leoh & W Teoh. Colorectal Disease, 2014 Oct;16(10):339-46
- Systematic review of the impact of sacral neuromodulation on clinical symptoms and gastrointestinal physiology. Mirbagheri N, Sivakumaran Y, Nassar N, Gladman MA. ANZ J Surg. 2016; 86: 232-236
- Normal Values and Clinical Utility of Bedside Sonographic Assessment of Postoperative Gastric Emptying: A Prospective Cohort Study. Mirbagheri N, Dunn G, Suen M, Naganathan V, Gladman MA. Dis Colon Rectum. 2016; 59: 758-765.
- Brain responses to mechanical rectal stimuli in patients with faecal incontinence: an fMRI study. Mirbagheri N, Hatton S, Ng KS, Lagopoulos J, Gladman MA. Colorectal Dis. 2017; 19(10):917-926
- Colorectal cancer screening in Australia: An update. Parkin CJ, Bell SW, Mirbagheri N.Aust J Gen Pract. 2018 Dec;47(12):859-863. doi: 10.31128/AJGP-01-18-4472.PMID: 31212405 (Free article.)
- Perianal sepsis in neutropaenic patients with haematological malignancies: the role of magnetic resonance imaging and surgery. Ashkar C, Britto M, Carne P, Cheung W, Mirbagheri N.ANZ J Surg. 2020 Sep;90(9):1642-1646. doi: 10.1111/ans.15744. Epub 2020 Feb 18.PMID: 32072724
- Management of anal fistula in Australia and New Zealand: a survey of colorectal surgeons. Aksakal G, Keck J, Mirbagheri N.ANZ J Surg. 2020 Sep;90(9):1544-1545. doi: 10.1111/ans.15945.PMID: 32924297
- Clinical Problems in General Medicine and General Surgery, by Peter Devitt. N Mirbagheri & S Skinner. Co-authored a Chapter on Diverticular Disease, 3rd Edition published in 2010.
- C Young, M Gladman, J Laurence & N Mirbagheri Examination Surgery: A guide to passing the fellowship examination in general surgery (First Edition, 2014, Elsevier Australia)
- Sir Roy McCaughey Surgical Research Fellowship
- 3min PhD thesis competition winner
- Early Career Research Award – Concord Repatriation General Hospital
- NHMRC, Postgraduate Scholarship
- RACS, Peter King Scholarship
- Best Colorectal Paper Presentation, Peter Douglas Prize
- Australian Postgraduate Award, University of Sydney
- Marshal Prize for Best Research Presentation
- A systematic review of the impact of sacral neuromodulation on symptoms and anorectal physiological function in patients with faecal incontinence. Surgical Research Society, 50th Annual Meeting, Adelaide, Australia, Nov 2013.
- Clinical symptoms and quality of life following temporary interruption of sacral neuromodulation in patients with faecal incontinence: a randomised, double-blinded crossover study. Asia Pacific Federation of Coloproctology Congress, Melbourne, Australia, 5-7th Oct 2015.
- Impact of interrupting sacral neuromodulation on anorectal physiology in patients with faecal incontinence: a randomised, double-blinded crossover study. Asia Pacific Federation of Coloproctology Congress, Melbourne, Australia, 5-7th Oct 2015.
- Central brain responses following sacral neuromodulation in patients with faecal incontinence; an fMRI study. Surgical Research Society, 52nd Annual Meeting, Sydney, Australia, Nov 2015.
- Feasibility and clinical utility of bedside sonographic assessment of postoperative gastric emptying: a pilot study. Annual Scientific Congress 2016. 2-6 May 2016. Brisbane Australia.
- Impact of interrupting sacral neuromodulation on anorectal physiology in patients with faecal incontinence: a randomized, double-blinded crossover study. Annual Scientific Congress 2016. 2-6 May 2016. Brisbane Australia.
- Central brain responses following sacral neuromodulation in patients with faecal incontinence. Annual Scientific Congress 2016. 2-6 May 2016. Brisbane Australia.